The holiday season is upon us and with it comes the much anticipated holiday break from school. With so much free time, kids tend to get stir crazy when just hanging out in the house. So, if your kids are showing signs of boredom, we are here to help with some entertaining ideas to make sure everyone survives the holiday break.
Here are some entertaining ideas to ensure everyone survives the holiday break:
- Get outside – Bundle up and ask other neighborhood families to meet you at a nearby park or playground. Bring a thermos of hot chocolate to keep you warm. Fresh air will be welcomed by all!
- Visit a museum – Try visiting a local health, science or children’s museum, especially ones that have special displays for children. A lot of times you can find Groupons (or similar discount sites) that offer reduced rates on admissions.
- Be physically active – Visit the local indoor gym or swimming pool to get in some exercise. To make sure the kids get active, head out for a walk around the block, or partake in some fun exercise indoors, such as a dance party or a family competition.
- Create in the kitchen – Enlist your little helpers in the kitchen and create some fun snacks at their request. You can find healthy and seasonal treats on our Pinterest boards.
- Get crafty – Turn on some music, bring out the art supplies and let the kids draw, color or paint away! Again, Pinterest is full of ideas for seasonal craft activities.
What are your favorite things to do with your kids over the break?
This post was originally published on the OrganWise Guys blog, a Together Counts™ partner. The OrganWise Guys Inc. began in 1993 with a vision to inspire individuals to take charge of their health by assuming personal responsibility for their choices. By bringing the body to life via lovable organ characters, kids of all ages learn what it really means to be smart from the inside out. Wanna learn more about The OrganWise Guys beginnings? Check out these videos: Meet The OrganWise Guys! & How OWG Began.
For more fun holiday ideas, check out these Together Counts posts: