The end of the school year is just around the corner – which means summer camps will be coming up shortly after! Whether it’s a day camp or sleepover camp, getting everything your child needs in order can be hectic. We’re partnering with Together Counts™ – a program encouraging healthy active lifestyles – to make sure your kid has a great time at camp with these five simple tips:
- Leave their favorite shirt at home. Between hiking, swimming and crafts, any favorite thing is at high-risk of getting lost or ruined. Instead, use this opportunity to dig up old the tee shirts from the bottom of drawers.
- Label anything and everything.With so much running around, it’s easy to lose track of backpacks and water bottles. Use a permanent marker to pen first and last names and ensure the things you sent to camp return home.
- Keep the critters away.Any space with a lot of children is a possibility for head lice. A repellent like Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray from Girls on the Run sponsor Fairy Tales Hair Care can be sprayed on hair, backpacks and sweatshirt hoods to help keep head lice away.
- Encourage your child to write.After a day filled with activities, it is vital to reset and recharge. Journaling provides kids with an opportunity to relax, take time for themselves and think about their day.
- Don’t stress.Camp is intended to be a fun time for your child – not overshadowed by stressed packing and to-do lists. Most camps provide parents with a list of necessities beforehand and are well-equipped if an item is accidentally left at home.
Do you have a favorite tip for preparing your children for camp? Share it in the comments below!
Girls on the Run is a nationwide nonprofit organization that inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident through a curriculum teaches life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons that creatively integrate running. Girls sharpen their independent thinking skills, celebrate their unique strengths and realize their power to make a difference in the world. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k run—an experience that unleashes their confidence and establishes a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
For more fun ways to get up and moving, check out these other articles from Together Counts™!